Friday, September 25, 2009

Summer

Well, It has been an amazing summer...
I was feeling guilty because it has been so long since I updated.

I will start with this last week.

Seu Jorge and Bebel at the Hollywood Bowl with orcestra and Fireworks. I went with Erika, Minerva, and Cami.

Vieux Farka Touré - Amazing show at the Echo plex. I went with Kazu!!!

www.vieuxfarkatoure.com

Esperanza Spalding at the El Rey - Speachless with Sumee

Bajofondo - Great fun from Argentina at The Mayan

It was a great week to end off the summer....

Accept that today is 99 degrees...Climate Change? Indian Summer?

This week saw Slavic Soul Party at the Echo, - I dream of owning a Tuba!

Great outdoor summer shows:

The Twilight Series at the SM Pier was fun:

Playing for Change Band (Global Viral) & Bushman (Jamaican Roots Reggae)
Idan Raichel Project (Israel) & Elijah Emanuel (Bilingual Reggae from Panama)

Lucas Nelson at the Santa Monica Pier - With my Man JP Maramba on Bass. Willy Nelsons kid is a great singer. He even has a little of his dad's twang...I loved it. Keep on Rockin!!!

Grand Performances at California Plaza:
Buika & Perla Batalla
Albita

Skirball - Issa Bagayogo

Sunset Junction:

Arrested Development was super fun...great sing alongs...The Band....The Singing....Speech....It was Grand!!!!!


I won free tix to see Midnite at the Roxy....Love that Bass:

www.midniteband.com

More Summer Reggae:

Reggae on the River was really fun this year.

It was a great summer I am sure I forgot some stufff....

No comments: